Do you need a Detox? 5 signs your liver is STRESSED
The Liver is one of the most crucial organs in our body, which sits right on the top of our belly and performs the toughest job to keep us healthy by eliminating toxins. The liver plays a central role in metabolic processes, such as breaking down food into energy and secretion of bile juice. Once fails to perform designated functions, it gives rise to various life-threating diseases. In this blog we will cover how to know if you liver is overburdened and simple steps to detoxify it.
Role of liver in our body:
Did you know that the liver is responsible for over 500 functions in the body? Besides being a digestive gland; the liver performs several functions for the welfare of the body. Few of them are
- It breaks down nutrients from food and produces energy when needed.
- Creates ketone bodies for cellular energy production.
- Produces bile juice, which helps to digest fats and absorb essential nutrients.
- Convert stored sugar to usable sugar when the body’s sugar levels fall below normal.
- It helps in removing potentially toxic substances, which we consume from the environment such as pesticides and herbicides.
Few signs that your liver is full of Toxins:
Our liver gets overloaded when we eat excessive oily and processed foods and when the liver gets burdened, it stops converting toxins into waste, which can later cause a lifelong problem. Some of the most common signs and symptoms of unhealthy liver are –
- Loss of appetite– when the liver is damaged, it can’t secrete enough bile, which results in loss of appetite.
- Recurring fatigue– feeling tired all the time, even after taking good rest can indicate liver damage. However, toxins accumulate in tissues and blood results in extreme tiredness and cannot be mistaken or ignored.
- Digestive problems- the liver produces bile juice, which helps food and fat to digest but when the liver gets impaired, problems like constipation, irritable bowel and gallstones can occur.
- Skin itching– skin itching and flakiness happens because the skin becomes over sensitive.
- Mood change – when the liver is distressed, emotions like anger, irritation and depression happen.
- The finest manner to prevent liver imbalance is not to skip meals and take them at regular intervals.
- Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep slows the metabolism of glucose, which results in weight gain.
- Air pollution and exposure to other toxin substances are injurious to health. So, remember to sit and sleep in a clean environment.
- Avoid any situation that causes conflict or anger, Negative emotions create hormones that flood to the liver with toxins.
- Gulp down lots of water to flush out toxins.
Steps to detoxify your liver:
- Detox with Herbs – Incorporate natural herbs in your diet to support your liver such as milk thistle, turmeric and even garlic! Garlic contains selenium, which helps to detoxify the liver.
- Eliminate toxic foods –A diet rich in highly processed foods and refined sugar is harmful to liver health.
- Gulp down vegetable juices – Vegetable juice maintains optimal levels and helps to decrease cravings.
- Avoid processed foods – Processed foods are packed with preservatives and synthetic ingredients that can burden your system, making it harder to function properly.
- No alcohol – Drinking alcohol puts a heavy detoxification burden on your body, especially your liver.
- Green tea – Green tea is loaded with antioxidants, which helps in eliminating liver fat accumulation and promotes smooth liver functioning.
Think of your body as a washing machine. All the other organs in your body take their dirty laundry to liver in order to get it cleaned. So, if you are taking poor care of your liver by consuming alcohol and eating processed food, the chances are you might fall sick frequently. Detoxifying liver is the easiest way to boost energy levels and reduce belly fat.
Get 10 days magical detox cut diet, which is scientifically designed in 5 phases with food delivered at your doorsteps only at ParaFit Delivers and NO! Detox is not just about liquids. So, continue to feed the best food to your body and feel healthy inside and out. Healthier gut, glowing skin and better breath you name it –Detox has it all.