Top Nutrition Tips To Control Thyroid
Does fatigue drag you down daily? Do you often feel packed with anxiety and stress? Well, your thyroid gland might be the reason behind your mental breakdown. Thyroid gland is a butterfly-shaped gland which is just below the Adam’s apple. The thyroid’s main role is to boost metabolism. We’ve all been taught to take care of our diet because hormones play a crucial role in the development and growth of the body.
Thyroid is ten times more likely to affect women than men.
It makes you feel suddenly tired like the world had drained out. Either you gain weight or lose weight rapidly. Since the lack of iodine and disturbance in level can cause hyperthyroidism or other related diseases so its very important to have a proper diet. Poor diet and unhealthy lifestyle choices are responsible for the abnormalities of the gland. Thyroid is caused due to autoimmune destruction. Hypothyroid is due to Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and Hyperthyroid is due to graves disease.
Symptoms of Thyroid
Fatigue is the official mark of the thyroid. This fatigue can drag you down day by day. It kills the desire to move, so try doing something you absolutely love about be it doodling or going out with friends so that you will feel efficient and good going.
The most usual signs and symptoms of thyroid are dry, flaky or pale skin. These symptoms will continue until your thyroid is treated so make sure to drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration. As soon as hormones will start balancing, these symptoms will resolve.
When food is unable to digest by the stomach then it stays there for too long and causes fermentation or bad bacteria, which results in stomach pain, inflammation and constipation. No good! Try having fiber-rich food in your diet such as beans, lentils and fresh vegetables.
Feeling of sadness and depression
Thyroid disorder can cause anxiety and unpredictable mood swings, which can make you, feel sad and tensed sometimes. So try calming down by deep breathing and having a well good night sleep.
FOODS TO BE TAKEN IN MODERATE QUANTITY
- Soy – Tofu, Tempeh, Soy milk
- Pungent foods (strong flavors)
- Highly Processed foods ( bread, cheese)
- Cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower family, mustard seeds, sweet potato)
- Beverages – Alcohol and fermented drinks (especially wine)
FOODS TO BE CONSUMED FREELY
- Fresh fruits
- Herbal Teas – Green or chamomile tea
- Seeds – Chia seeds or flax seeds
- Nuts – Brazil nuts, Hazelnut
- Sea foods – Fish, Salmon, Tuna fish
WATCH WHAT YOU EAT
- Omega 3s – Omega 3 fatty acids are found in fishes such as tuna fish or salmon, which is the great choice. It not only treats inflammation but also benefits your skin and hair health. If you’re wondering how to have 0mega 3s in your diet being a vegan then here supplements come for the rescue, they provide same energy and benefits.
- Fiber-rich food – Fiber-rich foods regulate the digestive system and helps in maintaining weight. Apple, beans, corns
- Nuts – Handfuls of Brazil nuts are enough for daily nutrition. These nuts are nature’s most edible source of selenium.
- Iron-rich foods – Iron-rich foods as they increase the uptake of Iodine.
Imagine you wake up everyday planning to be productive and then your thyroid says HAHAHA! Thyroid steals your joy, your enthusiasm, mental acuity and energy. So, it’s always better to plan ahead, feel motivated and keeping your supplements in handy.
At ParaFit, We believe that health is our first priority and we never compromise on your taste preferences making it easy to lose weight in thyroid with our customized diet plan, which won’t hamper your diet and will make you feel more active.